SUBMIT YOUR TROOP STORY IDEAS
Our marketing/communications team is looking for specific troop story ideas.
- Girl Scout troops who are graduating from high school and have been in the program for 10+ years.
- Girl Scout leaders who can talk about their troop experiences for back-to-school/troop promotions for this coming fall.
Please e-mail your name, daytime phone number, e-mail address, troop number and 2-3 sentences of your interest with some specific examples to support the story ideas above.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BLING YOUR BOOTH WINNERS!
Congratulations to our Bling Your Booth winners listed below. Photos can be viewed on our Facebook page.
- Region 1 – Troop 02681, SU 110
- Region 2 – Troop 02703, SU 115
- Region 3 – No entries
- Region 4 – Troop 01875, SU 126
- Region 5 – Troop 12367, SU 130
- Region 6 – No entries
- Region 7 – Troop 02600, SU 140
- Region 8 – Troop 01293, SU 157
- Region 9 – Troop 40839, SU 142
- Region 10 – Troop 12988, SU 148
- Region 11 – Troop 02155, SU 145
- Overall Winner – Troop 12416, SU 153
APRIL GIRL SCOUT SHOP PROMOTIONS
Stop by any of our four council shops to enjoy these April promotions for Monday Markdowns.
PARTNERSHIP FOR GIRLS – DREAM BIG
Partnership for Girls Part II begins on May 1. Please contact Karen Bell Chandler or call 336-369-7451 for more information or to sign up your troop. This is a Dream Big Opportunity for troops who want to travel or have a huge community project that needs funding. Check out our new flyer and share the dream of Girl Scouts!
2016 GIRL SCOUT COOKIE BUY 5 WINNERS
Congratulations to the following Buy 5 winners, who each won a year’s supply of cookies and each Girl Scout who submitted the winning entry and won a $10 council shop gift card.
- Asheville Winner – Elaine Stevens sold by Girl Scout Alissa Ehrenkaufer, Troop 12693
- Gastonia Winner – Traci Horne sold by Girl Scout Anna Miller, Troop 02103
- Hickory Winner – Glen Ramsey sold by Girl Scout Grace Blackwelder, Troop 01947
- Triad Winner – Kayla Mellor sold by Girl Scout Savannah Dowtin, Troop 02209
TAKE ACTION: TELL CONGRESS TO SUPPORT A BILL HONORING GIRL SCOUTS AND THE GOLD AWARD
Last week in Congress, a resolution was introduced celebrating Girl Scouts’ 104th birthday and the centennial of the Gold Award, the highest award in Girl Scouts. We encourage you to reach out to your members of Congress to cosponsor the legislation and show their support for Girl Scouts in North Carolina and around the country. As you know, it was this month in 1912 when Juliette Gordon Low founded the first Girl Scout troop with just 18 girls. Over 100 years later, more than 59 million American women are Girl Scout alumnae, and the program currently serves nearly two million girls. Roughly 5% of Girl Scouts receive the Girl Scout Gold Award. For a century, the Gold Award has inspired girls to find greatness inside themselves and share their ideas and passions with their communities. Take Action Now! Honor Girl Scouts and 100 years of the Gold Award.
Get a jump start on the 2016-2017 Girl Scout year by re-registering through our Early Bird program starting on April 1. Once again, if you re-register at least 80% of your total girl members, you will receive some great Early Bird incentives including $10 off any council shop purchase!
The easiest way to re-register is through E-biz. The Early Bird program runs April 1 through June 30.
Click below for the 2017 Early Bird files:
- 2017 Adult Membership Form
- 2017 Girl Membership Form
- 2017 Membership Dues Summary
- Early Bird Incentive Flyer
- 2017 Service Unit Early Bird Incentive
- Online Registration Reference Guide for Leaders
- E-Biz Signature Form
- Lifetime Brochure