The Girl Scout Cookie Program, an integral part of Girl Scouting’s financial literacy initiative for girls ages 5-17, provides finance, marketing and public speaking skills, along with valuable experiences that build girls’ self-confidence and help them develop their own personal leadership style.
We offer many varieties of Girl Scout cookies to satisfy any taste. If you are interested in purchasing Girl Scout cookies and have not been visited by a Girl Scout in your community, please e-mail your contact information (name, address, zip code and phone number) or you can call 336-274-8491 or 800-672-2148, and the council can connect you with a troop in your area. You can also search the cookie booth locator.
Benefits of the Cookie Program
The Girl Scout Cookie Program affects every girl involved in Girl Scouting in one way or another. All of the proceeds generated support Girl Scouting in our area, including the portion that goes directly to the troop selling the products. Proceeds earned are not the property of individual girls — they are distributed according to a council plan to benefit all girls involved in Girl Scouting through program activities, council resources and scholarship funds for girl program participation, service projects and travel.
Girls develop FIVE life skills as a result of participation in the cookie program:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
2014-2015 Cookie Dates
- Girls/parents receive cookie training.
- Complete, sign and return Parent Permission & Responsibility Form to your troop volunteer.
- 2014 Cookie Dough expires.
- CoCodirect and paper order-taking begins (optional).
- Enter your sales goals at www.abcsmartcookies.com and begin sending invites for online sales.
- Pick up your initial supply of cookies. Ask your troop volunteer for date, time and location.
- Cookie Walkabout Week
- Cookie booth sales begin.
- All money collected, to-date, due to troop. Troop may set earlier deadline.
- Cookie sale ends. Remaining money collected due to troop.
- GEO event at Wet ’n Wild, Emerald Pointe
Operation Sweet Treat
Share a little bit of home with our military troops around the world. We are proud to sponsor our council-wide service project Operation Sweet Treat (OST). Now entering our fifth year, our goal for 2015 is to collect 28,000 packages of Girl Scout cookies and 1,000 letters of encouragement to place in care packages to ship to our brave military men and women serving in the United States and overseas.
Last year we collected 25,803 last year for NCPacksforPatriots and donated 14,161 packages to our U.S. military at Ft. Bragg. A combined total for all four years is 125,617 packages of cookies and thousands of letters of encouragement!
Donations for OST may be tax- deductible, but consumers should check with their tax professional.