We have the tools to help you make this the best cookie season ever!
Cookie Resources for Girls
With this one-stop shop we help you set goals, connect with your customers and have fun!
Cookie Entrepreneurship Program
New this year! Learn about the Cookie Entrepreneurship Program here.
January 18 through 24 is designated as Walk-About Week and girls are encouraged to take a parent or a responsible adult on a walk around the neighborhood, and share some quality time while working on your cookie marketing skills. Girls will build their people skills while spending some one-on-one time with someone special. As a bonus, girls can earn the Walk-About patch. For neighbors that aren’t home, use these door hangers – front and back.
We will be awarding ice cream parties to four troops. As a way to attract customers and have a little more fun, decorate a wagon or anything that will carry cookies for your Walk-About. Take some pictures and e-mail up to two of them. The most eye-appealing and creative vehicles will win the ice cream parties.
Goal setting is one of the most valuable like skills you can use to make the cookie program successful. By engaging you in the process of goal setting, you discover that you can do anything! Research has shown that girls who set goals will increase their sales by approximately 35 percent. All girls who participate in the Girl Scout Cookie Program are eligible to earn the annual Cookie Activity Pin.
Plus, we have the perfect online tool for you to set goals AND have fun! Welcome to COCO: the Cookie Command Center for girls, volunteers and family engagement. With COCO, each girl can build her own customized online business center! Plus, you can download the new COCO Mobile App!
- Establish and track cookie sale goals
- Track recognition achievements
- Create a personal sales plan based on the 5 key skills, including earning Skill Building
- Reach customers through customizable eCards, online e-mail ordering and contact management
- Build “executive summary” of cookie business
- NEW! COCO Mobile App ~ Girls can take cookie orders on their iPhone, iPad or iPod and keep track of orders online
Send a custom eCard through COCO to potential customers, friends and family! Fill in their e-mail information, write a personalized note and click on “Send E-mails!” Remember to follow up with a phone call and to ask if they would like to place an order.
Or you can earn the online patch by selling 15 boxes using the Online Marketing utility at www.abcsmartcookies.com. Orders must be placed using this utility to qualify for the patch. Girls are also eligible for an iPad drawing for selling 15 boxes! Click here for step-by-step directions on using this utility.
Online Social Networking Sites
Any use of a social networking site (such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Flickr) for Girl Scout program activities, including marketing and/or collecting customer commitments must:
- Have parental permission for use of the tools and for posting of any photos
- Reference the Internet Safety Pledge
Troops whose girls meet age criteria may set up a troop social networking site with parental permission. Girls can market product on this site, but cannot collect money. (This site should be approved by the council.)
A girl or troop over 13 may work in partnership with an adult to market online using the social networking site of the adult. Any follow-up should be done following safety guidelines for Girl Scout product sales.
Any use of online video sharing sites where the video is representing Girl Scouts or Girl Scout product must follow specific age and requirements for that site, as well as have council approval and Girl Scout photo release forms signed by parents/guardians and any adults pictured. It is recommended that forms be scanned and stored electronically by the adult in charge and/or the council.
Cookie Resources for Volunteers
Thank you for supporting and encouraging your Girl Scout during the Girl Scout Cookie Program. Below you will find helpful information to support your troop during the cookie season.
- ACH Debit Authorization Form
- 2014 Cookie Activity Pin Guidelines – English
- 2014 Cookie Activity Pin Guidelines – Spanish
- 2014 Cookie Dough Special Order Items
- Girl Debt Form
- Nutritional Reference Guide
- Parent Permission Form
- SNAP Booth Scheduler – How-to Instructions/ Cookie Booth Locator
- SNAP Help Desk – 1-800-853-3730
- Troop Debt Form
- Walk-About Week
- Bling Your Booth Contest
- COCO: the Cookie Command Center
- COCO Mobile App
- Internet Safety Pledge
- Smart Cookie U Directions – Online Cookie Program Training Modules
- Smart Cookie U E-Learning Link
- 2014 Online Cookie Marketing
Buy 5 Promotion
Operation Sweet Treat
- Editing Your Troop Information in SNAP
- Adding Girls’ Names in SNAP
- Creating an Initial Order in SNAP
- Entering a Planned Order in SNAP
- Entering a Transfer Order in SNAP
- Entering an Operation Sweet Treat (OST) Order in SNAP
- Creating a Recognition Order in SNAP
- Sofia Explains the Direct Cookie Sale
- What Grown-Ups Need to Know About Selling Cookies
- What is a Girl-Led Product Program?