In addition to the five key skills girls learn from the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls whose troop chooses the base troop proceeds plan can earn individual girl rewards. Direct, booth and online sales, as well as cookies sold for Operation Sweet Treat all count towards a girl’s end-of-sale totals.
Rewards are cumulative, which means girls will earn the reward for the highest level achieved and each reward at the lower levels of achievement (with the exception of the achievement bar, which is earned for the highest level of sales). Girls, whose troop chooses a proceeds plan higher than the base plan, forfeit all individual girl rewards other than those specifically noted.
We are awarding four super-size hedgehogs that are currently on display in each of the four service centers. Click here to see how you can win one!
All girls, regardless of their troop proceed plan selected, who sell at least 375 packages of cookies earn an overnight (along with an accompanying responsible adult) at one of our three Girl Scout camp properties during 2016 or a themed beach towel.
Dates for Camp Thanks-A-Lot are below:
- June 11-12 at Camp Pisgah and Camp Ginger Cascades, 9 a.m.- 9 a.m.
- June 25-26 at Keyauwee Program Center, 11 a.m.- 11 a.m.
- September 3-4 at Keyauwee Program Center, Camp Ginger Cascades and Camp Pisgah, 9 a.m.- 9 a.m. (Lunch and dinner served on the 3rd, breakfast on the 4th)
- September 4-5 at Keyauwee Program Center, Camp Ginger Cascades and Camp Pisgah, 1 p.m.- 1 p.m. (Dinner served on the 4th and breakfast and lunch on the 5th)
In the event a camp reaches capacity, girls who register first will be given priority. Male chaperones, who attend this event, will have the option to stay in a cabin with other males or pitch tents to stay with their girl(s). No reward choices can be changed after being recorded by your troop cookie volunteer.
Earn Scholarships for Education
$25,000 in scholarships will be awarded for the 2016 Girl Scout Cookie Program. Each girl who sells 500 or more packages will have her name entered in a drawing to win a scholarship. For every additional 500 packages sold, her name will be entered in the drawing again.
We will draw for the followings scholarships at the GEO event on June 18, 2016.
- Two – $500 scholarships at Daisy Age Level
- Three – $500 scholarships at Brownie Age Level
- Four – $500 scholarships at Junior Age Level
- Five – $1,000 scholarships at Cadette Age Level
- Five – $2,000 scholarships at Senior/Ambassador Age Level
In addition to the drawings above, the council will also award these three scholarships:
- Top Seller – $2,500* scholarship
- 2nd Highest Seller – $2,000* scholarship
- 3rd Highest Seller – $1,000* scholarship
*In the event of a tie for first, second or third place, the girls will split the scholarship funds. For example – if two girls tie for second highest seller, each girl will receive a $1,500 scholarship and the third highest scholarship will not be awarded. If two girls tie for third highest seller, each girl will receive a $500 scholarship.