Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action. We offer diverse career paths in many fields, including customer service, finance, technology, outdoor program and more. In addition to full-time paid employment opportunities there are also paid opportunities for part-time persons. We also frequently have opportunities for clerical volunteers, community service volunteers and internships in a variety of areas.
Working With Us
Envision yourself engaged in meaningful work in a collaborative environment with open communication and mutual respect, where your ideas are valued and appreciated. Imagine yourself working to your full potential, making a positive contribution to a girl’s life. At Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont that is precisely what we offer our employees. Girl Scouts is committed to building a better future by facing the opportunities and challenges of today with innovation and determination. We take responsibility for our employees and their work environment.
Success requires talented professionals who can excel in their roles, enjoy their work and build successful careers. At Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont, we believe the right team of individuals enriches the work environment. Our employees are forward-thinking and highly motivated, and take an innovative approach to both opportunities and challenges. They are highly skilled in their fields, enthusiastic about their work and produce exceptional results. We seek professionals committed to producing excellent work by meeting the highest standards of quality.
We strongly value our differences in race, gender, age, religion, perspective and experience. We know how diversity enhances the way we do business, brings fresh ideas to our organization and facilitates creative approaches to problem-solving. Diversity is a key aspect of the Girl Scout work culture and a source of pride for our employees. Given our culturally diverse society, we are committed to hiring professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls’ lives! To apply for a position posted below, please e-mail a cover letter and resume with salary requirements in PDF format. Please note the title of the job for which you are interested in applying in the subject line of the e-mail.
We are only accepting resumes for the following positions:
Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont has an immediate opening for a Development Manager based in our Triad Service Center.
What will the Development Manager do?
- Partner with the VP of Resource Development to manage and implement the fund development plan for the council.
- Develop public support through annual giving and alumnae programs.
- Design and implement special events to support donor recruitment and donor relations.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive donor stewardship program.
- Manage information systems (Raiser’s Edge, wealth engine, etc.) for resource development.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who has increasingly responsible experience in fund development with demonstrated success in achievement of campaign goals.
- An innovative, achievement-oriented person with a can-do attitude and a stakeholder service focus.
- An outstanding communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who uses proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Someone with the ability to learn and utilize new software applications, who is proficient in MS Office Suite and using social media as a recruitment and networking tool.
- A confident public speaker with great networking skills.
- Someone with high integrity and standards with a sincere commitment to confidentiality.
- A person with efficient organization skills who pays attention to detail and has the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Someone who takes pride in their work and is passionate about the Girl Scout Promise, Law and Mission and values and promotes our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Someone who is a great team player that also works well independently with limited supervision and can take a project from concept to completion.
- Willingness and ability to work varied hours, including occasional nights and weekends, and to travel as needed to service centers and camps in our 40-county jurisdiction.
What else does the Development Manager need?
- BS/BA degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience in fund development, sales and/or marketing.
- CFRE certification or working toward achievement of CFRE is highly desirable.
- An acceptable criminal and driver background check.
- Reliable form of transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance coverage.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
Temporary Program Providers
Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont is currently searching for temporary (seasonal) part-time program providers in Asheville, Catawba County, Gastonia, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. Program providers are responsible for providing and implementing Girl Scout program for identified, underserved girl populations in the council. The Girl Scout program will include regular meetings following the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, academic tutoring, summer camp experiences and cookie program participation. Multiple positions are available for each location, with hours varying from 5-15 per week. Position duration can be from six weeks up to eight months.
Major Accountabilities include:
- Plan and implement assigned programs utilizing the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Implement, monitor and report outcome measurements for all programs and administer pre- and post-surveys
- Keep accurate records and complete required reports in a timely manner
- Ensure all activities follow GSCP2P and GSUSA policies and standards
- Maintain regular communication with parents/guardians
- Attend council-sponsored meetings, trainings and events, as deemed appropriate by outreach staff
- Maintain effective group/meeting management including conflict resolution
To apply for this temporary (seasonal) part-time position, please complete this application*. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
*Please note this application is only for the seasonal program provider position.
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.