- Events are listed in chronological order. To change your CALENDAR VIEW, you can click on the button to the far right to choose from Agenda, Month or Posterboard.
- To narrow your choices to a specific program age level, click on one of the choices – Ambassador, Brownie, Cadette, Daisy, Junior, Parents, Senior or Volunteers – under the AGE LEVELS menu on the top.
Come and enjoy a day of geocaching. More details can be found here.
- Special activities include:
- Make a corn husk doll to take home with you!
- Visit the gunsmith and learn about hunting in Salem.
- How were foods preserved in the past?
- How is a cellar used for preserving different foods?
- Learn how apple butter was made and get a taste too!
- See how the doctor used plants as medicine.
- And many more activities and demonstrations through the historic district!
Special patches for this event, as well as the Old Salem Council Patch, will be available for Girl Scouts at the Visitor Center. To receive the discounted admission price ($14 for leaders/$9 for girls) you must register by October 22. Reservations can be made by calling Tours & Reservations (1-800-441-5305) and will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information about the event, please click here.
Who knew that leadership could be so much fun!? This workshop will take Girl Scout Brownies and their leaders through the planning of a Take Action project (steps 1-3 of the SPARK Award). This day is best experienced as a troop to encourage skills in team-building, group decision-making and goal setting. To register, e-mail Kathy Speight or call 336-312-1549.
GRADE LEVEL: Girl Scout Brownies (grades 2-3) and troop leaders, parents
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2014
GIRL FEE: $15
ADULT FEE: Free
BRING: bag lunch and water bottle; snacks and materials provided
Get ready to Fly Away with Queen City Helicopter! Girl Scouts are invited to attend this exciting “flight school” to learn more about aviation safety and helicopter operations. You’ll also be introduced to Whirly-Girls, an awesome group dedicated to advancing women in the aviation industry through scholarships and mentoring. At the end of the day, have your cameras ready as a helicopter takes off!
GRADE LEVEL: Girl Scout Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors (grades 4-12)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 16, 2014
GIRL FEE: $20
BRING: camera, closed-toe shoes
Learn the terminology of the cookie sale, basics of SNAP, responsibilities of the Troop Cookie Manager, girl recognitions and troop proceeds.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 26, 2014
The service centers and shops are closed for a staff development training.
Enjoy the day exploring Chimney Rock Park. Nearly 1,000 acres make an interesting backdrop to a variety of nature programs that are both informative and fun! Learn more. Registration is open now and closes October 30, 2014 or when maximum capacity of 200 Girl Scouts is reached. To register, call 828-625-9611.
GRADE LEVEL: All Girl Scouts (grades K-12) and troop leaders, parents
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 30, 2014
GIRL FEE: $15
ADULT FEE: $12
BRING: bag lunch, water bottle or purchase at nearby café; wear sturdy shoes