Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont offers its volunteers ongoing adult learning sessions to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to offer the highest quality programming to our girls. Remember – learning and developing new skills are a part of Girl Scouting! Adult learning sessions help you become a knowledgeable, skilled volunteer who will be confident and competent to lead girls, while still having fun! Parents, volunteers and leaders will all benefit from learning opportunities. These opportunities enrich your Girl Scout experience for yourself and above all, the girls.
Learning Session Opportunities
Offered in various locations across our 40 counties, face-to-face learning sessions offer you the opportunity to ask questions and interact with others. Face-to-face sessions may be facilitated by volunteer facilitators or council staff. You may search for sessions on the online calendar or view the monthly hot sheet. Online learning sessions are available and offer you the option to work on your own time. Online courses can be found by clicking on the appropriate heading in the green box to the upper left.
There are many courses available to you! We have required learning sessions and enrichment sessions. Required courses are needed for certain events and activities in order to give the girls a safe learning experience. Enrichment courses or sessions allow you to build your skills in many areas. You can learn a new craft or skill and even have opportunities to gain experience from other leaders or volunteers.
The Ed Whitmire Scholarship Fund
To find out more and to access the scholarship application, please click here.
Learning Record Card
Six Month Overview of Available Courses
Common Face-to-Face Courses
- Three Processes= One Powerful Program: Build on what you learned in “Fun with Purpose.” Learn to use the processes of Girl Led, Learning by Doing, and Cooperative Learning to make one powerful program that will engage and develop your girls. This course is for anyone who works with girls and is good to take early in your leadership career.
- Understanding Journeys: Delivering our mission through our program. Find out how to adapt and incorporate ideas to create a leadership experience by blending Journeys and Girls’ Guide activities. This course is for anyone who works with girls and is good to take early in your leadership career or for seasoned leaders looking for guidance in using Journeys.
- Living the Promise: Discover Girl Scouting’s secret to being successful for over 100 years and what makes our organization special. This course is for all adult Girl Scouts.
- Role Models Matter: Best practices on how to engage girls in engineering through hands-on activities, real-world applications and career connections. Receive a best practice toolkit. Contact Valerie Wooten at email@example.com for more information. This course is good for adults interested in sparking girls to be interested in engineering.
- Techbridge Complete Introduction: Learn about all five of the Techbridge boxes and how to facilitate girls through hands-on activities and career opportunities. Hands-on activities and tips on how to set up career exploration activities. Contact Valerie Wooten at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. This course is good for adults interested in facilitating Techbridge for girls in a troop or an event setting.
- Bronze Award: Learn to guide Juniors through the steps for earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award. Discuss how to get started and receive and review the GSCP2P Bronze Award information packet. This course is for Junior Girl Scout leaders and troop volunteers.
- Silver Award Adult Learning Opportunity: Steps, timelines, determining needs, difference between community service and Take Action projects, and more! Review GSCP2P Silver Award information packet and the Silver Award adult volunteer guide. This course is required for adults guiding girls/groups to earn their Silver Award.
- Gold Award Adult Learning Opportunity: Steps, timelines, determining needs, the difference between community service and Take Action projects, and more! Review GSCP2P Gold Award information packet and the adult volunteer guide. This course is required for adults guiding girls to earn the Gold Award.