For Printing 010416- Working Spreadsheet February-August 2016
Navigating Adult Learning Pages
The green box to the left of this text leads you directly to:
- an explanation of required trainings,
- quick enrichment courses to build skills in specific subjects (meeting planning, involving parents, etc.) and to
- information on A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Retreats just for Girl Scout adults.
Explore, and learn!
The Ed Whitmire Scholarship Fund
To find out more and to access the scholarship application, please click here.
Learning Record Card
Six Month Overview of Available Courses
Common Face-to-Face Courses
- Three Processes= One Powerful Program: Build on what you learned in “Fun with Purpose.” Learn to use the processes of Girl Led, Learning by Doing, and Cooperative Learning to make one powerful program that will engage and develop your girls. This course is for anyone who works with girls and is good to take early in your leadership career.
- Understanding Journeys: Delivering our mission through our program. Find out how to adapt and incorporate ideas to create a leadership experience by blending Journeys and Girls’ Guide activities. This course is for anyone who works with girls and is good to take early in your leadership career or for seasoned leaders looking for guidance in using Journeys.
- Living the Promise: Discover Girl Scouting’s secret to being successful for over 100 years and what makes our organization special. This course is for all adult Girl Scouts.
- Role Models Matter: Best practices on how to engage girls in engineering through hands-on activities, real-world applications and career connections. Receive a best practice toolkit. Contact Valerie Wooten at email@example.com for more information. This course is good for adults interested in sparking girls to be interested in engineering.
- Techbridge Complete Introduction: Learn about all five of the Techbridge boxes and how to facilitate girls through hands-on activities and career opportunities. Hands-on activities and tips on how to set up career exploration activities. Contact Valerie Wooten at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. This course is good for adults interested in facilitating Techbridge for girls in a troop or an event setting.
- Bronze Award: Learn to guide Juniors through the steps for earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award. Discuss how to get started and receive and review the GSCP2P Bronze Award information packet. This course is for Junior Girl Scout leaders and troop volunteers.
- Silver Award Adult Learning Opportunity: Steps, timelines, determining needs, difference between community service and Take Action projects, and more! Review GSCP2P Silver Award information packet and the Silver Award adult volunteer guide. This course is required for adults guiding girls/groups to earn their Silver Award.
- Gold Award Adult Learning Opportunity: Steps, timelines, determining needs, the difference between community service and Take Action projects, and more! Review GSCP2P Gold Award information packet and the adult volunteer guide. This course is required for adults guiding girls to earn the Gold Award.