We are offering online, interactive, small group badge workshops for girls as a fun opportunity to engage in the Girl Scout program. The workshops happen at set times and will complete a badge or most of a Journey. (Only the Take Action project will need to be completed after the program.) We will be using online conferencing software to allow for large group discussions, as well as break out sessions, for different tasks. These are not videos to watch- full participation is expected by all participants!
We recognize we are navigating a crisis that is impacting many of our families financially, so we are offering these badge and Journey workshops using a “pay-what-you-can” method. There are three prices listed under the registration links- the most expensive is what the workshop costs us to put on and then there are two less expensive prices. Please pay what you feel fits with your family’s current situation.
Workshops for the Week of May 25:
- Girl Scout Daisy Cyber Security Series A: Monday, May 25 from 11 a.m.- 12:30; Monday, June 1 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.; Monday, June 8 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (girls must register for all three sessions)
- Girl Scout Daisy Cyber Security Series B: Wednesday, May 27 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.; Wednesday, June 3 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.; Wednesday, June 10 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (girls must register for all three sessions)
- Girl Scout Brownie It's Your Story-Tell It! Journey: Tuesday, May 26 from 1-3 p.m. and Thursday, May 28 from 1-3 p.m.
- Girl Scout Brownie Space Science Adventurer Badge: Wednesday, May 27 from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Girl Scout Junior Think Like a Programmer Journey: Wednesday, May 27 from 1:30-3:30 p.m. and Friday, May 29 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Girl Scout Junior My Promise, My Faith: Tuesday, May 26 from 4-5:30 p.m.
- Girl Scout Cadette-Ambassador My Promise, My Faith: Tuesday, May 26 from 6-8 p.m.
- Girl Scout Cadette Netiquette: Tuesday, May 26 from 3-5 p.m.
- Ready, Set, Take Action- Girl Scout Silver Award: Saturday, June 6 from 10 a.m.- Noon
- Ready, Set, Take Action- Girl Scout Bronze Award: Saturday, June 6 from Noon- 2 p.m.
Be sure to check back each week for new programs!
Ongoing Virtual Program:
Think Like a Programmer Journey- Earn Your Badge Online
This virtual program is available through May 31.
Available for Girl Scout Juniors through Ambassadors
To register, please click here.
Complete your Think Like A Programmer (TLAP) Journey online and learn to code all from the comfort of your own home on your own schedule! CodeCampKidz will guide you step by step as you work through your projects. No experience or previous knowledge is required. When you finish your Journey you will have coded a Take Action Project of your choosing and earned your Journey award badges.
The Web Development Edition of TLAP is designed for girls who are interested in a Full Code Immersion experience. You’ll not only Think Like A Programmer but code like one as well while overcoming obstacles, building problem solving skills, and developing confidence as an independent coder. Sign up at any time and experience the latest in online learning. You are free to come and go as your schedule permits picking up where you left off. Optional live support classes are available daily to help you.
All you need to participate is a modern browser, high speed Wi-Fi, and a computer with audio capability. You will have as long as you need to complete your Journey.