Where can you go? Places like China, Costa Rica, Switzerland, Patagonia, Peru, Scotland, Germany, Mexico, and more!
How far will your Girl Scout experience take you? That’s up to you!
Girl Scouts love to travel—from the field trips they take as Brownies to the global adventures they go on as teens. If you love exploring different places and cultures, then Girl Scouts is the place for you.
You can experience all that our country has to offer, whether you’re “blasting off” at Space Camp in Alabama, taking in a Broadway show in New York City, or visiting the birthplace of Girl Scouts’ founder, Juliette Gordon Low, in Savannah, Georgia. And you can plan even bigger adventures around the world, traveling with other Girl Scouts who share your love of adventure.
Check out Girl Scout Destinations, the ultimate adventure program for girls ages 11 and older. With a ton of different trips to apply for every year—from surfing camp on the east coast and breathtaking hikes out west, to the crazy-cool wonder of new cultures abroad—there’s something amazing for everyone to experience.
Make friends from all over the country as you travel with Girl Scouts from different states, see and learn new things, and pack your bags full of inspiring, life-changing experiences and memories. Find your trip today!
Who is eligible for Destinations? Most events are for girls in grades 6-12. However, some trips have different age restrictions. Check each Destinations program for the age requirements. Some Getaways allow younger girls.
How do I apply?
- Go to the Destinations website.
- Download and complete an application for each event you wish to attend.
- Each application requires at least two reference forms. Ask two people you know well to complete one and send in to the council. You can use the same letter for multiple applications.
- E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: GSCP2P- Destinations, Attn: Valerie Alexander, 8818 W. Market Street, Colfax, NC 27235. Please do not send your application directly to the Destinations sponsor, as council approval is needed.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in early spring. Congratulations and bon voyage!
When is the application deadline? The Round One deadline is November 1. The Round Two deadline is February 1. After that, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for Destinations with available spots. The sooner you apply, the better chance you have of being accepted into your top choice. Please check the Destinations website for availability.
If you are planning an extended troop trip (three nights or more), you troop must complete the Extended Troop Trip Planning workbook, which goes into the ins-and-outs of planning a Girl Scout trip. Don't forget to check out Safety Activity Checkpoints to ensure that your trip activities are safe and appropriate for girls.
2018 Swiss Challenge- Our Chalet, Switzerland
Spots are still available! Contact email@example.com for more information.
Spend a week in the beautiful Swiss Alps at Our Chalet World Center in Adelboden, Switzerland. Enjoy hiking, rock climbing, exploring local towns and nights packed with songs, games, campfires and international fun. You will meet Girl Scouts from all over the world and build memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Two GSCP2P Travel Patrols will travel to Our Chalet for approximately 10 days. Travel Patrols are open to girls who will have completed eighth grade at the time of the trip, who are ready to experience international traveling without their parents and are a member of GSCP2P.
Group money-earning opportunities will be available and individual money-earning activities are highly encouraged. Individuals will be responsible for the amount not covered by money-earning activities.
Both Travel Patrols have an amazing team of volunteers who are excited to lead a group of girls to Our Chalet:
- West: Jan Merrill, Lee Henderson-Hill, Ashley Merrill
- East: Beth Steelmon, Deb Dowling
- GSCP2P Travel Patrol Application Due: February 15, 2017
- Participants Notified: March 1, 2017
- $200 Deposit Due: Late February/Early March 2017
- Our Chalet first planning meeting & parent meeting: Late February/Early March 2017
- In-person planning meetings: Approximately every other month
- Travel Dates: To be determined by group, summer 2018
- Cost Estimate: TBD
2018/2019 Journey Through London- Pax Lodge, England
Be dazzled by the sights of London as you spend time exploring its rich history, tradition and culture. Visit iconic locations like Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. Stay at Pax Lodge, the WAGGGS World Center located right in London. While at Pax Lodge, you will participate in international girl programming and meet Girl Scouts from all around the world!
We are hoping to run this trip in summer 2018 or 2019 and are gauging interest first. If you are interested, please e-mail us here.