VIRTUAL: A Trip to Mars: An Immersive Escape Room Experience
Rumor has it that there has been some foul play on the planet Mars! After a secret mission went awry, an astronaut has gone missing. The final transmission was concerning and we were hired to investigate. Can you help solve the mystery and find a way home? If your girl loves mystery-themed novels and detective shows, then this class will give her the chance to test her critical thinking skills in hypothetical situations based in fantasy and reality. She will learn how to excel in puzzles and riddles and will find herself using lateral thinking to be more creative in her guesses. The puzzles and riddles will involve colors, wordplay, shapes and math.
The mysteries will be presented to the class through videos, images and text on the screen. The facilitator will narrate the story and explain each puzzle, encouraging students to use what they see or hear to make informed guesses. They will look for misdirections and break down the steps necessary to solve the puzzles. Then, they will share and debate hypotheses with their troop ultimately working together to solve the mystery before class ends.
- Improve pattern recognition ability and reasoning ability through various puzzles
- Distinguish between linear vs. non linear puzzles
- Develop strategies to maximize time
- Learn to think like a puzzle writer
- Learn to make the seemingly "invisible" answer, visible
Badge Connections for each level:
- Daisy Badge: Making Choices
- Brownie Badge: Senses
- Junior Badge: Detective
- Cadette Badge: Special Agent
- Senior Badge: Truth Seeker
- Ambassador Badge: Citizen Scientist
Bring: Pencil and paper to write down clues!
This virtual program is hosted by our community partner, Twists N Turns.