To get started with Ozobots, create your free account here and begin your Boot Camp training. Next, go to the Lesson Library to begin exploring topics. You can choose an activity of your own, or you can pick from some activities that we have picked for you.
We introduce Girl Scouts of every age to the world of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to help them see the many ways they can actually work to improve their world. Whether they're discovering how a car's engine runs, learning how to manage finances or caring for animals- it all has to do with STEM!
Citizen Science Kits
Check out our Citizen Science Kit guides below. You can reserve any of these kits for your girls/troop by filling out the reservation form.
STEM Community Partners
Check out our community partners below that specialize in STEM programming for Girl Scouts.
GSCP2P STEM Activities
Here are some fun STEM activities to do with your girls:
- Rainbow in a Jar
- Kinetic Sand Slime
- DIY Crystals
- DIY Terrarium
- Magic Milk Experiment
- Make Your Own Cloud in a Jar
- Balloon Powered Water Pump
- Bubble Art
- Explosive Sodas
- Rube Goldberg Machines
- Air Quality Experiment with North Carolina Environmental Quality
- Care and Keeping of Cacti and Succulents
- Air Pressure Experiment
- DIY Tornado in a Jar
- Egg Parachute
- Sun Dials
- Homemade Bubbles
- Edible Slime
- Balloon Car Design
- DIY Lava Lamp
- Room on the Broom Read-Aloud and Programming
- The Power of a Potato
- Bottle Rockets
- Exploding Bubble Bags
- Making a Simple Catapult
- Elephant Toothpaste Experiment
- S'mores Code Game Night
- Girl Scout Cadette Space Badge (partial completion)
GSUSA STEM Resources
- Girl Scout Tree Promise
Space Challenge: Do you love looking at the stars and
exploring the world around you? From July 10 to August 31, 2020, you
can participate in the Great Space Challenge. All you need to do is
observe and learn about the night sky in the great outdoors or from
the comfort of your homes — telescopes aren’t necessary, just
Protect Your Planet
Earn your FREE environmental patch when you take part in this event! Explore the science of climate change with two exciting and new on-demand events from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)! You’ll hear from environmental scientists as you learn what you can do to protect the Earth.
- Daisies, Brownies and Juniors - Take part in fun observation activities to earn the Think Like a Citizen Scientist Journey. Plus, see how scientists use observation to solve problems that affect the environment. Click here!
- Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors - Hear directly from accomplished women who work in environmental science! Find out how they got their start and the issues that matter most to them. They’ll talk about what they do at the EPA, why it’s important and how you can help. Click here!
- Get your FREE EPA patch! By viewing this Awesome Girls event and completing the post-event survey, you can get a special limited-edition patch in honor of the EPA’s 50th anniversary for free! All you have to do is: watch the entire event, take this short survey, look for a special coupon code and link to the Girl Scout Shop that will pop up at the end of the survey and go to the link and use your code to order your patch! Please note supplies of the patch are limited and not guaranteed.